Colorado Springs Underage DUI Lawyer
Criminal Defense Attorney Ready to Serve Your Case
Anyone under 21 years old stopped on suspicion of drunk driving can face penalties with a blood alcohol of 0.02% or more. Underage DUI is a serious charge and a conviction can ruin a young life. Call a Colorado Springs DUI lawyer if you or a loved one has been arrested so that you can begin to fight your underage DUI charges today!
Penalties for an Underage DUI
Standards are stricter and the penalties higher for drivers under 21 years old, as underage drinkers cause a disproportionate number of drunk driving fatalities. This means law enforcement will be looking out for drivers who appear to be under age and under the influence.
Your first underage DUI conviction will automatically result in a three month license suspension in addition to fines and community service.
A blood alcohol content of 0.05% can result in adult punishment:
- 5 days to a year in jail
- Up to $1,000 in fines
- License suspension of 9 months
A second underage DUI will have even greater consequences. Punishments can compound when there are other aggravating factors involved in your underage DUI.
This can include factors such as:
- Distributing alcohol to minors
- Minor in possession
- Soliciting alcohol
- Child endangerment
- Possession of false identification
- Moving and vehicle maintenance violations
Further, your insurer may drop you from your policy after a DUI since you are now more risky to insure. This means you could be forced to pay hundreds of dollars more a month for the next several years.
Fighting for Your Rights as an Underage DUI Offender
Being charged with an underage DUI can have serious consequences that can impact your future. At Damascus Road Law Group, we understand the unique challenges that young individuals face when charged with a DUI offense. Our experienced Colorado Springs underage DUI lawyers are dedicated to protecting your rights and providing you with a strong defense.
When you choose Damascus Road Law Group for your defense, you can expect:
- Expertise in underage DUI laws: Our criminal defense attorneys have in-depth knowledge of the specific laws and penalties surrounding underage DUI offenses in Colorado Springs. We stay up-to-date with the latest legal developments to ensure the best defense for our clients.
- Personalized defense strategies: We recognize that every case is unique, and we tailor our defense strategies to fit your specific circumstances. Our attorneys will thoroughly analyze the details of your case, gather evidence, and build a strong defense to protect your rights.
- Proven track record: Our results speak for themselves. We have a successful track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients facing underage DUI charges. We will fight tirelessly to minimize the impact of the charges on your future.
- Compassionate and supportive representation: We understand that facing legal charges can be overwhelming, especially for young individuals. Our attorneys will provide you with the guidance, support, and reassurance you need throughout the legal process. We are here to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.
Begin your defense today by contacting Damascus Road Law Group. Our dedicated attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and help you navigate the complexities of the legal system.
Choose Damascus Road Law Group for Your Defense
These penalties are so serious that you need the help of a professional Colorado Springs DUI attorney from Damascus Road Law Group who can come alongside you to provide counsel and representation. A young person cannot afford to have their future hopes for college or jobs to be jeopardized by an underage DUI. Damascus Road Law Group offers personalized defense strategies and the individual attention that every client deserves.
Call the firm today and discuss your legal options during your free case evaluation!
Child Abuse Not Guilty
Charges of Domestic Violence, Criminal Mischief and Resisting Arrest. Dismissed
Theft & False Information to a Pawn Broker Case Dismissed
Driving Under The Influence DUI Deferred to Reckless Driving
Strong Client-Attorney Relationships
Experience, Knowledge & Professionalism
Affordable & Reasonable Payment Plans
Former Government Lawyer
Trial Advocacy Based on Winning Results
Personal Attention & Customized Counsel